HOW TO JOIN YOUR CLASS ON ZOOM
Each and every class in the studio has it’s own unique ZOOM meeting link. A student may opt to join class via Zoom instead any given week. And/or, a parent may observe their dancer’s class using the Zoom link.
Find your email that contains the ZOOM link, meeting ID and password to the class. If you cannot find it, call our office. For the protection of student privacy, please do not share the link, ID or password with anyone. Only students who are enrolled in the class will be admitted into the Zoom meeting.
Join the “meeting” (class) five minutes early.
Before you join the meeting:
1. In “settings,” rename your Zoom account to your dancer’s name. Please also use your dancer’s name if you are a parent who is joining the meeting to observe the class. The teacher will only admit student names in the “waiting room” that are on the teacher’s roll sheet. If you have trouble “renaming” yourself to your dancer’s name, please call our office.
Join the meeting:
1. Click the Zoom link, which will open your Zoom app. Or, open the Zoom app, click “join a meeting” and enter the class’ meeting ID and password. Be sure to enable computer audio so that your microphone will be enabled to use when needed. The teacher will start the “meeting” at the start of class time and will admit students immediately.
When you join the meeting:
1. Please mute your microphone and keep your microphone muted.
2. You may choose to enable your video camera or not. We recommend that dancers enable the camera and observers not enable the camera. Place your device at eye level, if possible.
3. Please do not use the “CHAT” feature as teachers will not be able to monitor that.
The teacher will check for new participants in the waiting room periodically throughout the class. So, if you are knocked off, or join the class late, please be patient. You may also call our office to inquire.
Questions/problems? Call us at 870.0073