School Year 2021-22 Health Protocols
Safety and health are our priority and we take our lead from the CDC, Alabama Department of Public health and current local case data. Anticipate changes in these protocols as we continue to learn and adapt to follow best practices. We will periodically communicate changes or re-affirm current protocols.
UPDATE effective February 26, 2022:
With the improvement of COVID case numbers in our area, beginning February 28, masks are optional in class and in our facility. We do recommend people wear a mask if not vaccinated (ages 5 and older) or have a high risk for illness.
Water fountains and dressing rooms are open for use.
UPDATE effective January 3, 2022:
Thank you for being diligent in quarantining when necessary and keeping kids home out of precaution when they don’t feel well. Our faculty are doing the same. If your child tests positive, they may come back to class ten days after the date of the positive test or onset of symptoms. If you do need to stay home and would like to join class virtually, please let us know that you will be doing so. You have received Zoom links in an email; call us if you need assistance.
With the recent increase in Covid cases, our protocols will change to now have students ages five and older wear masks in the building and in class. That includes adults and faculty. We will monitor and revise protocols as more data is known. This change in mask protocol begins Monday, January 3. Thank you for your help in following this change.
- To reduce the number of people in the facility, opportunities to observe classes in person will be limited. Observation in person will be possible only for parents/guardians of students ages 2-4 years. Only one parent/guardian per student will be allowed to observe in person.Siblings 1 year and younger are allowed with the parent but siblings 2 years and older will not be allowed to stay in the building. In person observers are requested to socially distance while in the facility. Parent/guardian observation in person for students ages 5 years and older will NOT be possible but classes may be observed via ZOOM.
- K-5th Drop off: You will still enter the same doors your student was assigned based on their studio. You may bring your dancer in and help them put on shoes and use the restroom. Once your child’s teacher is in the studio and ready to receive students (5 minutes before class begins), you may send your child into the dance studio and you will exit through the closest door. You may still drop your child off at the outside building door if you prefer, but no earlier than 5 minutes before class time- there will not be Dance Foundation staff to supervise your child before that time.
- K-5th Pick up: Students will no longer be brought outside by Dance Foundation staff members; it will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian of each student to come into the building to pick up their dancer. You may enter the building five minutes before your child’s dismissal time to pick them up. Students will still need to change into their street shoes before leaving the building.
- Classes may be observed via ZOOM. Should your student need ongoing virtual class accommodations, please contact us to discuss. Parents of enrolled students will receive links and protocols for classes closer to start of the season.
- With the improvement of COVID case numbers in our area, beginning February 28, 2022, masks are optional in class and in our facility. We do recommend people wear a mask if not vaccinated (ages 5 and older) or have a high risk for illness.
Health Screenings Prior to Arriving to TDF
- Students must be fever-free without fever-reducing medication for 48 hours prior to attending or returning to class.
- Parents/guardians are asked to monitor themselves and their child for ANY suspected illness and REFRAIN from coming to the studio IF ILL. This includes coughing, runny nose, etc. If your student displays these symptoms, please have them stay home.
- Parents/guardians are asked report to TDF staff if their child tests positive for COVID-19 and displayed symptoms within 48 hours following being at TDF.
Coming to Class
- Students will wash or sanitize hands before and after class. Sanitizer will be available throughout the facility.
- Students will wash or sanitize hands when they leave and return to the space. Hand sanitizer will be available by each studio and the front desk.
- Students may not wear street shoes in the studios; dance shoes are not allowed outside the facility such as on the sidewalk or in the parking lot. We recommend students find shoes such as Crocs to slip on over their ballet shoes or change shoes after entering the building but before entering the studio space.
- In the event that a case of possible or COVID-19 exposure comes to our attention, TDF will assess the level of exposure and risk to others using current health guidelines.
- The assessment will dictate any notifications and other protocols to be implemented.
- If a student, faculty or staff member, or parent/guardian shows signs of illness while at TDF, staff will isolate that person and have them leave the premises as soon as possible.
- All spaces and items relative to the exposure will be sanitized accordingly.
- Reminder that prior to entering the facility, all people must be fever-free for 48 hours without fever-reducing medication.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Props, equipment and barres will be cleaned after each use; sharing items will be significantly minimized or not allowed as the activity and safety warrant.
- Facility will have an enhanced cleaning schedule; studio floors will be cleaned each evening.
Thank you for being part of The Dance Foundation family, and for your help as we navigate this environment together for everyone’s health and safety.