The Young Dancer Program is designed to build dance fundamentals such as proper posture and alignment. Basic Ballet vocabulary and Modern dance concepts are introduced using imagery to enliven technical concepts. With each year of training, students build upon dance and rhythmic skills. During the September to May season, students have the option to take Tap as a second class, and at the 2nd grade level, students may take Ballet and/or Modern Dance and have the option of also taking Tap.
SUMMER CLASSES, JUNE 1-AUGUST 1, 2020
- Classes will not meet June 29-July 5.
- CLASSES WILL TAKE PLACE ON ZOOM FOR JUNE AND IN STUDIO FOR JULY. Fees have been revised.
- Class sizes will be limited to ensure the engagement and active participation of every student on zoom and to allow for social distancing in the studio.
- To participate in the June classes, enrollees need access to the following:
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer with a camera & microphone
- Internet connection
- Personal space to move about (for dancing or for physical movement in character)
Ballet [for students entering Kindergarten and 1st Grade] | $110
Students gain an understanding of proper posture and alignment while practicing basic ballet and gross motor skills that develop imagination, poise and grace.
Ballet/Modern Dance [for students entering 2nd Grade] | $110
Students will begin class with barre work, followed by traveling combinations to fun music.